Once a booking has been confirmed, a Contract has been entered into. The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party.
1. To accept that a completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
2. To accept that the accommodation booked is for the number specified only. No extra guests are allowed without the owners permission.
3. To pay 40% deposit on booking, with the balance payable 5 weeks before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than 5 weeks before the start of the holiday, please pay the full rental at the time of booking, having first checked that the property can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges by the due date (35 days prior to arrival), will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-booking. Hire rates are inclusive of all towels and linen, central heating, electric and VAT costs.
4. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the property is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £50 per week, will be made. If re-let at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made. If not re-let, then no refund will be made and any balance of rental will be due. To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance.
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6. To vacate the property by 10.00 hrs latest on the final day of let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Guest arrival time is from 16.00 hrs. onwards.
7. To accept that smoking is not allowed inside the house but is permitted in the grounds. Please dispose of smoking litter responsibly.
8. Internet access is available at the house either by ethernet connection or WiFi. Up to 2GB of data transfer per week is included in the price of the rental. This should be more than ample for email access and web browsing. If you use more than your allotted allowance and it causes the Owner to exceed his monthly internet traffic limit, a further charge of £10 will be made.
9. A telephone is available at the house and you agree that you are responsible for covering the costs of any calls made.
10. To keep any pets, where allowed, under strict control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused. Pets must be house-trained and are not to be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation, unless specifically agreed with the property owners. Owners must provide suitable bedding and pets must not be left alone at any time. Animal hairs to be removed from carpets and pets are not allowed onto the furniture or in the bedrooms. Any fouling in the gardens must be cleared To accept an additional charge of £25 per dog per week and accept that the owners right to charge an additional sum for extra cleaning if necessary. Assistance dogs are exempt from the weekly charge.
The drive in front of the house is very occasionally used to move livestock to the crofting grazings beyond; dogs must be kept on a leash or in the house during these movements.
11. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the property is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
12. To be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent.
13. To pay for extra supplies of wood used or items from the guest supplies box (toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.). The honesty box for these items will be emptied and any profits shared equally between the RNLI and the local Mountain Rescue Teams.
14. To respect and look after the property during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Breakages and deficiencies should be promptly notified to the owners and those caused by the negligence of any party members paid for. Also to take responsibility for minimising the fire risk. To reimburse the owner for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to accept the owner’s discretionary charge for extra cleaning if the property has been left in an untidy mess.
15. To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner or their agents right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour may result in the owners’ asking guests to leave.
16. To allow the owners or their agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
17. To agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the owners’ permission.
18. The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.